Public Relations Specialist
SalterMitchellPR is seeking a Public Relations Specialist to work alongside our client services managers and assist in the day-to-day administration of marketing and public relations initiatives for the agency’s corporate, non-profit and association clients. The work includes maintaining a high level of awareness with client activities, detail-oriented program and project management, and professional communication with key client contacts as needed.
Top candidates will have a minimum of three years professional experience with communications research, campaign management, content development, media relations, and outreach coordination. In addition, the chosen candidate will be capable of performing marketing tasks such as social media engagement and creative development.
We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters, detailed-oriented, results-driven, creative, and fun.
As a Public Relations Specialist, you will help implement campaigns using paid, earned, shared and owned methods and your job responsibilities will include:
* Assisting in the coordinating and executing of PR campaigns.
* Researching and drafting press materials.
* Daily media monitoring.
* Undertaking industry research and generating story ideas and angles.
* Supporting senior members of staff.
* Maintaining the details of core account programs and updates via databases & trackers.
* Working closely with team members to keep account activity on track and moving forward.
* Highlighting client coverage on a daily basis.
* Coordinating client product mailings and following up with media.
* Researching background information for new business prospects.
* Participating on weekly client calls and meetings, as well as agency-wide meetings and brainstorm sessions.
* Serve as the liaison of all team members to ensure that integrated teams stay connected throughout the timeline of the assignment.
* Much flexibility and availability 24/7/365 for crisis and support including news monitoring, timed news to be released, special events, etc.
* Works under the direct supervision of PR leadership and in partnership with the entire PR team.
* Works collaboratively with an integrated team.
What you need to possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or related field
* 2-3 years of professional experience, agency experience is a plus
* Knowledge of AP Stylebook and media organizations (print, broadcast and digital)
* Superior writing skills
Nice to Have
The people we hire are:
* Curious -- Ask questions and gather facts
* Intentional -- Prioritize your time and attention
* Collaborative -- Be proactive, ask for help and keep us informed of your progress
* Wonky -- Data-driven, analytical or loves numbers
* Knowledgeable -- You must love to LEARN and READ
* Passionate -- Love what you do
* Diligent -- Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done
To apply for this position, send your resume and three writing samples to email@example.com. Include the job title in your subject line.